The Steam Room: Nashville Golf
Any self-respecting Poor Man needs to know the lay of the land inasmuch as golf clubs are concerned across the SEC. With that in mind and with Vandy on the schedule, we turn to trusted PMGN advisor Mr. Lowery Thomas for an overview of the best tracks in Nashville.
● Belle Meade Country Club
○ Designer : Bryce Swanson, Donald Ross, Rees Jones, Robert Trent Jones, Sr. | 1901
○ The Elites of Nashville’s playground. Old school club with real old money. If you have a
healthcare startup, come here to raise capital.
● Golf Club of Tennessee
○ Designer : Tom Fazio | 1991 (Site of the 2018 U.S. Women’s Amateur)
○ As Nashville’s highest ranked track, this majestic 18 lies roughly 25 minutes from
downtown. It’s known for it’s great views, solid test of play, and it’s exclusivity.
● Hillwood Country Club
○ Designer : Dick Wilson | 1957
○ One of Nashville’s most heralded clubs, Hillwood is located just off West End which
makes it the closest championship caliber course to downtown.
● Richland Country Club
○ Designer : Jack Nicklaus, Donald Ross, Rick Jacobson | 1988
○ Tucked into the rollings hills of Brentwood, this is one of Nashville’s finest club with a
refreshing layout and welcoming blind tee shots.
● Vanderbilt Legends Club
○ Designer : Tom Kite, Bob Cupp | 1992
○ Two 18 holes courses known for their incredible conditions and tough layout. No
wonder why Vanderbilt’s golf program is doing so well.
● If you’re heading to Nashville from God’s Country...
○ Call your friend, pull some strings, and get to The Honors Course